If you are contemplating applying for Membership of the Peterborough Liberal Jewish Community please contact us and we will be happy to discuss this with you.
There are four categories of membership available:
Full Single or Family Membership
Over 18 years of age, of the Jewish Faith (as defined by Liberal Judaism) and subscribing to the principles and objects of Liberal Judaism
Family membership will include all children up to the age of 18.
- Someone over 18 years of age and of the Jewish Faith who, because of a membership of another Synagogue, does not wish to become a full member of PLJC.
- Someone over 18 years of age who is the non-Jewish spouse or long-term partner of a Full Member.
- Someone over 18 years of age who is not Jewish, but has an interest in Judaism.
- Someone over 18 years of age seeking formal conversion to Judaism.
- Someone over 18 years of age, wishing to re-affirm their Jewish heritage.
Over 18 years of age and in full-time education or training.
Young people aged 16-18, whose parents are not Members. There will be no subscriptions due from this group. They are not entitled to vote at meetings, nor stand for an election.
Applications should be made by completion of the PLJC Application Form available by contacting the membership secretary via the contact page.
The Council may, at its absolute discretion, accept, refuse or adjourn consideration of the Application, and must inform the Applicant of its decision. Applicants accepted by the Council shall then become members of PLJC on payment of the appropriate subscription.